Terms and Conditions
By using services and equipment of SpeedLine Media you agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subscriber acknowledges that all information provided to SpeedLine Media is accurate and complete. Subscriber assumes full liability for all charges related to services provided by SpeedLine Media. Full payment is due by the due date every month. Please be advised that theft of service(s) is a crime that is punishable by fine or imprisonment.
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF): A $25.00 charge will be assessed for all NSF checks. In the event of a NSF check, SpeedLine Media reserves the right the require the subscriber to make a security deposit equal to or greater than one month’s subscription fees, in order to continue service.Suspension/Service Disconnection: If you fail to pay the full amount due for any or all of the services then SpeedLine, at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable law, may suspend or disconnect any or all the services you receive. SpeedLine reserves the right to deny service, at any time and at its sole discretion, due to a subscriber’s payment history.
Reconnect Fee: In the event a subscriber is disconnected due to the subscriber’s payment history, or in the event a subscriber voluntarily terminates service, a reconnect fee will be assessed upon reactivation of the subscriber’s account. In the event a subscriber has been disconnected due to the subscriber’s payment history, SpeedLine Media reserves the right to require a money order or cashier’s check before reactivating service for previous balance in addition to the reconnection fee.
Activation Fee: Standard activation fee of may apply for typical home activation of up to 4 outlets. Does not include new, replacement or relocation of wiring in the home. YOU MUST PAY, ON OR BEFORE THE DAY WE INSTALL ANY OR ALL OF THE SERVICES, THE FIRST MONTH'S SERVICE CHARGES, EQUIPMENT CHARGES, ANY DEPOSITS, AND ANY INSTALLATION CHARGES. Contact SpeedLine for a list of current activation fees.
Service Trip Charge: Service trip charges may be applied in the event the subscriber is not at home or failed to make arrangements for access by the technician. In addition, trip charges may be assessed for service calls relating to subscriber’s equipment (TV, DVD/VCR, etc.) or for outlet relocations.
Refundable Deposit: We may require you to pay a refundable deposit when you activate service. We may also require you to pay a refundable deposit after initial activation if you add equipment or services or if you fail to pay any amounts when they are due. If we disconnect your service we shall within sixty (60) days return a sum equal to the deposit(s) you paid minus any amounts due on your account (including without limitation, any amounts owed for services or for any equipment that is damaged, altered, or not returned).
Changes to Services and Pricing: Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our services, equipment and rates or charges, at any time with or without notice. We also may rearrange, delete, add to or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the services, including but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, customer equipment requirements, speed and upstream and downstream rate limitations. If you find a change in the service(s) unacceptable, you have the right to cancel your service(s). However, if you continue to receive service(s) after the change, this will constitute your acceptance of the change.
Programming Commitments: Some programming may require programming commitments. Contact a SpeedLine Media for further details.
Equipment Maintenance: You agree that all SpeedLine equipment belongs to us or other third parties and will not be deemed fixtures or in any way part of the premises. Equipment includes all new or reconditioned equipment installed, provided or leased to you by us or our agents, including but not limited to, cabling or wiring and related electronic devices, video receivers, cable modems, multimedia terminal adapters, wireless gateway/routers, any other hardware and all software loaded onto the equipment. We may remove or change the equipment at our discretion at any time the services are active or following the termination of your service(s). You agree to allow us access to the premises for these purposes. You may not sell, lease, abandon or give away the equipment, or permit any other provider of video, high speed data or telephone services to use the equipment. The equipment may only be used in the premises. At your request, we may relocate the equipment in the premises for an additional charge, at a time agreeable to you and us. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL OR USE THE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES AT A LOCATION OTHER THAN THE PREMISES, THE SERVICES MAY FAIL TO FUNCTION OR MAY FUNCTION IMPROPERLY. You agree that you will not allow anyone other than SpeedLine employees or agents to service the equipment. You will be directly responsible for loss, repair, replacement and other costs, damages, fees and charges if you do not return the equipment to us in an undamaged condition.
Discontinuation and Change of Service: It is the responsibility of the subscriber to notify SpeedLine Media's customer service center (877-SPEED-15) of any change in service level. If the subscriber fails to notify SpeedLine Media's customer service center, subscriber shall remain liable for any and all services provided by SpeedLine Media, until such time as SpeedLine Media receives the proper notification.
Administrative Fees: Subscriber shall be assessed an administrative fee of $5.00 per month for each month that the account is delinquent for at least five (5) days. Subscriber shall be responsible for all collection costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees that may be incurred in the event a subscriber’s account is turned over for collection.
Refunds: In the event a subscriber’s service with SpeedLine is terminated for any reason, subscriber shall have sixty (60) days from the date of termination to request any and all refunds that the customer feels he/she is entitled to. In the event the subscriber fails to make such a refund request, subscriber shall waive its right to request any such refund.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Use Of Services: You agree that the services and the equipment will be used only by you and the members of your immediate household living with you at the same address and only for personal, residential, non-commercial purposes, unless otherwise specifically authorized by us in writing. You will not use the equipment at any time at an address other than the premises without our prior written authorization. You agree and represent that you will not resell or permit another to resell the services in whole or in part. You will not use or permit another to use the equipment or the service(s), directly or indirectly, for any unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to, in violation of any posted SpeedLine policy applicable to the services. Use of the equipment or services for transmission, communications or storage of any information, data or material in violation of any U.S. federal, state or local regulation or law is prohibited.
You acknowledge that you are accepting this Agreement on behalf of all persons who use the equipment and/or services and that you shall have sole responsibility for ensuring that all other users understand and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any applicable SpeedLine policies including, but not limited to, acceptable use and privacy policies. You further acknowledge and agree that you shall be solely responsible for any transactions, including, without limitation, purchases made through or in connection with the services. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SpeedLine and its affiliates, suppliers, and agents against all claims and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of the use of the services, the equipment and/or the customer equipment or the breach of this Agreement or any of the applicable SpeedLine policies by you or any other user.
Electronic Mail: The service may not be used to communicate or distribute e-mail or other forms of communications in violation of the "Content and information restrictions" section below in this Policy.
SpeedLine is not responsible for deleting or forwarding any e-mail sent to the wrong e-mail address by you or by someone else trying to send e-mail to you. SpeedLine is also not responsible for forwarding e-mail sent to any account that has been suspended or terminated. This e-mail will be returned to the sender, ignored, deleted, or stored temporarily at SpeedLine's sole discretion. In the event that SpeedLine believes in its sole discretion that any subscriber name, account name, or e-mail address (collectively, an "identifier") on the service may be used for, or is being used for, any misleading, fraudulent, or other improper or illegal purpose, SpeedLine (i) reserves the right to block access to and prevent the use of any of these identifiers and (ii) may at any time require any customer to change his or her identifier. In addition, SpeedLine may at any time reserve any identifiers on the service for SpeedLine's own purposes. In the event that a service account is terminated for any reason, all e-mail associated with that account (and any secondary accounts) will be permanently deleted as well.
Newsgroups: Messages posted to newsgroups must comply with the written charters, policies, or frequently asked questions (FAQs) for those newsgroups as well as any other terms and conditions applicable to any particular newsgroups or provider of newsgroups. You are responsible for determining the policies of a given newsgroup before posting to it. SpeedLine reserves the right to discontinue access to any newsgroup at any time for any reason. SpeedLine permits users of the service to download a fixed maximum of newsgroup content in any one month as specified in the applicable newsgroup terms of service, unless users are subject to a service plan that permits downloading more newsgroup content.
Instant, Video and Audio Messages: Each user is responsible for the contents of his or her instant, video, and audio messages and the consequences of any of these messages. SpeedLine assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, mis-delivery, deletion, or failure to store these messages. In the event that a service account is terminated for any reason, all instant, video, and audio messages associated with that account (and any secondary accounts) will be permanently deleted as well.
Personal Web Pages and File Storage: As part of the service, SpeedLine provides access to personal Web pages and storage space through the Personal Web Pages and Online Storage features (collectively, the "Personal Web Features"). You are solely responsible for any information that you or others publish or store on the Personal Web Features. You are also responsible for ensuring that all content made available through the Personal Web Features is appropriate for those who may have access to it. For example, you must take appropriate precautions to prevent minors from receiving or accessing inappropriate content. SpeedLine reserves the right to remove, block, or refuse to post or store any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, deems to be in violation of the "Content and information restrictions" section above in this Policy. For purposes of this Policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs and scripts, video recordings, and audio recordings. SpeedLine may remove or block content contained on your Personal Web Features and terminate your Personal Web Features and/or your use of the service if we determine that you have violated the terms of this Policy.
Prohibited Uses: In general, the Policy prohibits uses and activities involving the service that are illegal, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or diminish the use and enjoyment of the service by others. For example, these prohibited uses and activities include, but are not limited to, using the service or equipment, either individually or in combination with one another, to:
Conduct and information restrictions
- undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening or defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or non-U.S. law, order, or regulation;
- post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, hateful, or intimidating;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of, or distribute in any way information, software or other material obtained through the service or otherwise that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of the owner;
- transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages commonly known as "spam;"
- send numerous copies of the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages which contain no substantive content, or send very large messages or files that disrupts a server, account, newsgroup, or chat service;
- initiate, perpetuate, or in any way participate in any pyramid or other illegal scheme;
- participate in the collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice sometimes known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including "spyware") designed to facilitate this activity;
- collect responses from unsolicited bulk messages;
- falsify, alter, or remove message headers;
- falsify references to SpeedLine or its network, by name or other identifier, in messages;
- impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else's digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity (for example, "phishing");
- violate the rules, regulations, or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, or Web site that you access;
- access any other person's computer or computer system, network, software, or data without his or her knowledge and consent; breach the security of another user or system; or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other hosts, networks, or accounts without express permission to do so;
- use or distribute tools or devices designed or used for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, decoders, password gatherers, unauthorized keystroke loggers, analyzers, cracking tools, packet sniffers, encryption circumvention devices, or Trojan Horse programs. Unauthorized port scanning is strictly prohibited;
- copy, distribute, or sublicense any software provided in connection with the service by SpeedLine or any third party, except that you may make one copy of each software program for back-up purposes only;
- distribute programs that make unauthorized changes to software (cracks);
- use or run dedicated, stand-alone equipment or servers from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises local area network ("Premises LAN"), also commonly referred to as public services or servers. Examples of prohibited equipment and servers include, but are not limited to, e-mail, Web hosting, file sharing, and proxy services and servers;
- use or run programs from the premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises LAN, except for personal and non-commercial residential use;
- service, alter, modify, or tamper with the equipment or service or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by SpeedLine;
Network and usage restrictions
- restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to use or enjoy the service, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others' ability to use, send, or retrieve information;
- restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or otherwise disrupt or cause a performance degradation, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to the service or any SpeedLine (or SpeedLine supplier) host, server, backbone network, node or service, or otherwise cause a performance degradation to any SpeedLine (or SpeedLine supplier) facilities used to deliver the service;
- resell the service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the premises the ability to use the service (for example, though wi-fi or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly. The service is for personal and non-commercial residential use only and you agree not to use the service for operation as an Internet service provider or for any business enterprise or purpose (whether or not for profit);
- connect the equipment to any computer outside of your premises;
- interfere with computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abusing operator privileges, and attempts to "crash" a host; and
- accessing and using the service with anything other than a dynamic Internet Protocol ("IP") address that adheres to the dynamic host configuration protocol ("DHCP"). You may not configure the service or any related equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than DHCP unless you are subject to a service plan that expressly permits you to do so.